- What Information does Pixelity Games collect?
- Why does Pixelity Games collect information?
- Who does Pixelity Games share your information with?
- How long does Pixelity Games retain the information, and how is it deleted?
- How is the information protected?
- What information is automatically collected (ex. Cookies)?
- What rights and choices do I have pertaining to my personal information?
- How do you contact Pixelity Games?
- Where we store your personal information
1. What information does Pixelity Games collect?
The company collects the following personal information when you sign up to our Services (including mobile services), edit personal information, or submit inquiries via phone call, fax, or Support, and when partners provide and collect your information using a data collecting tool.
The company collects the following necessary information to provide Services:
1) The information you give us.
① The information provided during account creation.
– Official Website: Name, nationality, email address, password
② The information collected while using Services on Oculus Quest 2.
– Account Information: Oculus Username, Oculus authentication key
③ Following additional services collect respective personal information.
Collected personal information
Name, mobile number, date of birth, address, automatically formed information, device identification number, and other information required for support.
※ Collected personal information may differ depending on the type of inquiry, and there may be additionally collected personal information.
Name, mobile number, address, date of birth, email address
※ Collected personal information may differ depending on the type of event and promotion, and there may be additionally collected personal information.
Delivery of physical products: Name, address, mobile number
Mobile/ online products: mobile number, email address
Notice on new services and updates
Email address, mobile number
※ Additional information may be gathered from users using certain services and participants of certain events or promotions.
※ When in need of additional data, we will ask for your consent after notifying you on the type of data to be collected, the purpose, and the storing period.
2) Data created while using our Services or website.
The company collects data that is created while you use our Services with or without an account.
– Game progress data
– User name/ID used for Oculus Store
– The information collected through Cookies and related technology
– Web browser information
– Gameplay data, interactions with other players while using Services, and all data related to the use of our Services
– Data required to verify payment
2. Why does Pixelity Games collect information?
The company collects information for the following reasons.
1) We process the necessary data to provide Services.
The company collects information to provide Services you on our contractual relationship with us
– To allow you to make an account and provide you Services;
– To operate our Services;
– To provide products and Services you request;
– To send information about Services;
– To abide by relevant legislations
2) The company collects information to provide appropriate Services.
The company collects the following information for legitimate interest as the information is used:
– To improve and develop the Services provided by the company;
– To update and develop player profiles;
– To improve and develop optimization of Services and game experience;
– To set and manage registered account;
– To provide software updates;
– To maintain settings and provide content;
– To reply and provide support to submitted opinions or inquiries;
– To provide notices on changes made to Terms of Service, service errors, updates, security warnings, support, etc.;
– To create events and promotion programs for customers;
– To send event and promotion gifts
3) The company processes relevant data to provide safe and fair Services.
The company has legitimate interest in collecting and processing the data necessary to accomplish the following purposes in order to keep your Services safe and fair. Please see our Terms of Services for legal usage policies:
– To prevent abusive and unauthorized use of malicious users;
– To provide services to protect personal information;
– To find bugs, errors, and provide solutions;
– To allow quality game experience across multiple devices;
– To allow appropriate automatic or manual chatting;
– To adhere, investigate, and restrict legal disputes, fraud, and other illegal behaviors
4) The company processes necessary data to create targeted advertisements.
The company has legitimate interest in collecting and processing the data necessary to establish targeted advertisements on our Services, other websites, and emails. However, commercial advertisements (direct marketing information) will only be sent to users who have agreed to receiving commercial advertisements (receiving marketing information).
– To track content accessed by users in relation to services and online behaviors;
– To customize advertisement and offer targeted marketing and promotions;
– To recommend or suggest information on services users may find interesting
5) For all the aforementioned cases and purposes, the company may analyze and assort the entire collected data.
The company may have legitimate interest when collecting and processing data necessary to meet contracts, provide and retain appropriate services, and set up behavioral advertisements. However, any personal data users have not agreed to provide will not be used.
3. Who does Pixelity Games share your information with?
The company does not share identifiable personal information with a third party without the consent of the relevant user. When requesting consent from a user, the company will provide information on the subject receiving the data, the purpose, and the type of data shared. However, the company shares information with third parties if it is required by law, or is deemed necessary to enforce our rights, property, or operations or to protect users or third parties or if we engage partners and service providers in order to provide our Services to you by the due process of law.
1) Other players and users
– If you chat using our Services or post on the Forums, it will be displayed for other players or the public to see. (e.g. If you use in-game chat, it will be displayed to other players).
2) Public authorities and Investigative Bodies
– The company may share your information to third parties and public authorities to comply with the law and to curb fraud and illegal behavior.
– The company may share your information to third parties and public authorities by the due process of law to protect the safety and property of the company, employees of the company, and you.
– The company may provide user data upon request from an investigative body under the right procedure and process specified in the regulation or statute law.
3) Advertising companies and social media
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
– Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
– Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
4) Delivery companies
– The company may share your address and contact information you provided to delivery companies to ship prizes.
4. How long does Pixelity Games retain the information and how is it deleted?
5. How is the information protected?
The company uses the following technology, management, and physical measures to prevent data loss, theft, breach, alteration, and destruction. However, the company is not liable if the data is leaked due to your negligence such as poor password management or mishaps outside of the company’s control.
The company encrypts the information when it gets stored. Personal information can only be changed or viewed after you’ve requested it and verified your identity.
– Files and data transfers containing important information (including your personal information) are protected by encryptions, file locks, or such protection methods
– The company has backup systems to prevent your information from getting leaked or destroyed. The company utilizes Anti-Virus programs, Firewalls, and other various security devices to protect your information.
– The company is taking security steps necessary for our systematically organized database system for processing personal information.
The company controls access right to your information to a minimum. The minimum number of personnel given access to your information are the following:
– Personnel that are directly involved with marketing, events, customer support, and delivery (including personnel in partner companies and service providers);
– Personnel that are in charge of personal information including our Data Protection Officer;
– Parties handling personal information for inevitable business purposes.
– The company carries out a training program about personal information protection on a regular basis for personnel and consigned companies handling personal data.
3) Physical Security
– The company has a separate location where personal information is physically stored. Entry to and operations of this location is strictly monitored with an established entry protocol.
– Documents with personal information and other forms of information storage are installed by locking devices in safe locations.
6. What information is automatically collected (ex. Cookies)?
The company uses ‘Cookies’. Cookies are small text files sent by the company’s official website that is stored in your hard drive. Cookies are used for the following purposes:
1) Purposes for using Cookies
Analysis of subscribers and non-subscribers accessing our official website and duration, to understand and track user preferences and interests, provide other personalized Services by tracking the number of times the website has been accessed and other information.
The company and third-party analysis service providers use tracking technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, or scripts. These technologies are generally used by the company to collect statistics about the websites to analyze tendencies, manage the website, and to understand how our website is used. The company may receive collected data as a whole from analysis service providers that use these technologies.
2) How to block Cookies from getting saved
You have the right to block cookies from getting saved on your hard drive. This can be done by going to your web browser’s option settings to allow all cookies, ask for permission each time cookies get saved, or to block all cookies from getting saved. However, if the user refuses to have Cookies saved, some services may be no longer available.
– Internet Explorer: Go to [Tools] at the top of the browser → [Internet Options] → [Personal Information] → [Advanced]– Chrome: Go to [⋮] at the top of the browser → [Settings] → [Advanced] → Privacy and security [Content settings] to change your settings.
※ Other web browsers adhere to the respective settings.
The company may use various external weblog analyzing tools such as Google Analytics, and is allowing advertisers to provide targeted advertising online to collect behavioral data.
① Block Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
※ Other weblog analyzing tools adhere to the respective blocking method.
② How to withdraw consent for receiving targeted advertising
– Online advertisers providing targeted advertisement: Google, Facebook, Twitter
– Behavioral data collection method: Automatically collected when the user visits the official website or opens the application.
※ Online Behavioral Advertising: A marketing strategy that provides customized services for users by analyzing their online behaviors and access records, etc.
– Android: Click on privacy settings then select to block certain ads.
– iOS: Click on privacy settings then select limit ad tracking.
7. What rights and choices do I have pertaining to my personal information?
You may always inquire about your registered personal information, and if you do not want the company to process your personal information, you may withdraw consent or request membership withdrawal. Yet, once your personal information is eliminated for membership withdrawal, related information the user has created or stored while using the company’s services may be eliminated as well.
You have certain rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest, in response to any requests submitted by you to us(firstname.lastname@example.org) to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data.
1) Privacy rights of users residing in the European Economic Area (EEA)
Users accessing the Services from the European Economic Area have the following additional rights relating to personal information, but their effectiveness and procedures may be determined in accordance with the laws and regulations of individual countries.
1) The right to request the company to send personal information to another company.
2) The right to contact the supervisory authority
2) Privacy rights of users residing in California
Under California law, you have the right to request the following information from the company if you are a resident of California.
1) A description of the categories of personal information disclosed to any third party to whom the company may have disclosed your personal information for that third party’s direct marketing purposes within the previous calendar year.
2) Information that identifies any such third party(ies)
The company does not purposely share or sell your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
For all the aforementioned rights, please send an email to email@example.com.
8. How do you contact Pixelity Games?
If you have any questions about personal information protection or have issues related to personal information, please send an inquiry through Customer Support on our official website (https://pixelitygames.com/contact-us). The company will answer your inquiries as soon as possible.
Also, you may report any of your concerns regarding personal data while using our services to the personnel or department in charge of personal data protection.
Pixelity Games will do its best to thoroughly address and answer all complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact the following institutions if you need to report or receive consultation about personal information.
▶ Chief Privacy Officer
Name: Lee, Dae Won
1) Authorities and consulting agencies handling infringement of personal information in the Republic of Korea
If you are residing in the Republic of Korea, you may contact the following bodies for additional reports and consultations on any infringement of personal data.
– Infringement of Personal Information Report Center (privacy.kisa.or.kr / Without Country Code: 118)
– Supreme Prosecutors’ Office Cybercrime Investigation Division (spo.go.kr / 02-3480-3573)
– Korean National Police Agency Cyber Bureau (cyberbureau.police.go.kr / Without Country Code: 182)
– Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee (kopico.go.kr / Without Country Code: 1833-6972)
2) Company and agency in charge of personal information protection in Europe (located in the Republic of Korea)
If you are residing in Europe, you may ask questions regarding your personal information through the following contact information.
Company in charge of personal information protection: Pixelity Games Inc.
– Address: 7F, 62 Pangyo-ro, 255beon-gil, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do,13486, Rep. of KOREA
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Where we store your personal information
Pixelity Games stores the following personal information overseas to provide stable and safe service.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers hosted by us or third parties providing hosting, payment or other services for us.
The information we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside South Korea including any destination where the privacy laws of the country concerned may be different and less protective than that of South Korea. It may also be processed by personnel operating outside South Korea who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such personnel may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details (where applicable) and the provision of support services.
By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Users can always contact Support on the official website and ask for the termination of his or her personal information’s transfer to another country. However, the user may experience limitations when using services if certain personal information is not transferred to another country under request.